Developing Inclusive Behaviours & Cultures
Ultimately, inclusion is experienced in the quality of our one-on-one interactions with people who are different to us.
Becoming more inclusive is about taking a stand beside those experiencing injustices and helping to confront the bigger issues – like equality for blacks, women and LGBTQ+.
But being inclusive is also about understanding the needs of people feeling isolated on their own during COVID, the “squeezed middle” looking after parents and children, junior members requiring more support and help getting plugged in, colleagues with disabilities, and on goes the list.
Building more inclusive cultures is about learning to build better relationships across difference.
Inclusion is about making “space” for people who are different to us on any dimension and finding ways to build supportive relationships across that difference so that everyone can thrive.
It’s about equipping all of us to “turn up” well and play our part in creating the environment where everyone feels respected, valued, and that they belong. Which means it’s about achieving outstanding bottom-line results through pouring our energies into innovation rather than editing, through winning together rather than being defensive. When we each get better at building strong relationships across differences, everyone wins.
Inclusion is everyone’s response–ability.
How we can help...
We help leaders and teams develop an understanding of the issues around inclusion, diversity and equality and equip them to build strong relationships across difference, replacing habits that damage relationships with habits that strengthen them. Typical solutions include:
- Awareness & Buy-in Webinars
- Inclusion starts with ME: helping people understand the heartbeat of inclusion and take personal responsibility for building relationships across difference.
- 4 Habits for creating a culture of Inclusion.
- Listening with both E-A-R-S.
- Courageous Conversations for healthy relationships at work AND at home.
- Equipping Workshops
- The 4 Habits© for Inclusion and Belonging – equipping leaders and teams to “show up” better, have better conversations & achieve better outcomes, especially in one-on-one interactions with people very different to them.
- One-on-one Coaching – helping individuals embed the learning and achieve genuine relationship-centred behaviour change.