Conflict is an inevitable part of life. Wherever two or more people are involved in anything, conflict is likely to happen at some point. That means we must each be prepared and skilled to do conflict well. The statistics, however, confirm that we are not.
Workplace conflict costs UK plc £33bn a year and 370 million lost work days. On average managers spend 20% of their time resolving workplace conflict. In this session we help both managers and their teams recognise that they can use conflict to their advantage and strengthen rather than damage relationships through the process. By equipping people to make allowances for differences, and treat each other carefully during the process of conflict, they are able to minimise stress, build understanding and come out stronger together.
In this session we help both managers and their teams learn how to use conflict to their advantage and strengthen relationships by developing the skills to make allowances for differences, treat each other carefully during the process of conflict, minimise stress and damage in relationships, and come out stronger together.
As a result of completing this live seminar/webinar participants will:
- Be able to understand fundamental differences (cultures, personalities and genders) and how they influence behaviours and expectations
- Be able to recognise different conflict resolution styles
- Improve their ability to listen and communicate well during a conflict situation
- Start to develop their own plan so they are prepared to ”turn up well” in conflict and treat others with care
- Understand how to learn the lessons, increase understand and get the relationship back on track